Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Around the Clock

12:04 a.m. ~ Child #4 wakes up crying.
12:06 a.m. ~ Start watching The Amazing Race from Sunday.
12:57 a.m. ~ The Amazing Race is over, put child back in bed.
3:17 a.m. ~ Child #3 starts crying.
3:18 a.m. ~ Find Child #3 covered in barf.
3:24 a.m. ~ Clean the tub with bleach from two days ago when said child pooped in it.
3:31 a.m. ~ Wash barf out of Child's hair, get clean p.j.s and put back in bed.
3:49 a.m. ~ Get back in bed, but wonder if I should go to the store for milk since we are out.
5:30 a.m. ~ Child #4 starts crying again.
5:31 a.m. ~ Check on Child #3, she hasn't fallen back asleep yet.
5:32 a.m. ~ Get Child #4 out of bed and bring into bed with me since husband has already left.
7:15 a.m. ~ Alarm #1 goes off. Hit snooze button.
7:30 a.m. ~ Alarm #2 goes off. Hit snooze button.
7:55 a.m. ~ Wake up panicked since school starts in 25 minutes.
7:57 a.m. ~ Be grateful that husband ran for a half gallon of milk. Pour cereal for kids.
8:03 a.m. ~ Get Child #1 and #2 upstairs to get dressed, hair done and teeth brushed.
8:15 a.m. ~ Tie Child #2's shoes, help with coats and back packs.
8:21 a.m. ~ Leave to take #1 and #2 to school.
9:00 a.m. ~ Good friend drops her Child #3 off.
9:25 a.m. ~ Leave to take said child to preschool for my friend.
9:31 a.m. ~ Home. Finally can finish hanging lights on tree.

13 comments:

Eris said...

Man, I hate mornings like that. Had one yesterday. Today, I was the only one late.

The Numismatist said...

In my head I keep remembering a conversation that happened at my table just a few days ago...

Muriel said...

Which conversation was that?

The Numismatist said...

Something about four or five? It's a little fuzzy because my head was swimming trying to comprehend it all. (My threshold was two.)

Eris said...

Once you hit three and you're out numbered - each one after that is just white noise, though. Right?

Muriel said...

We have to go from playing man on man to a zone defense.

kellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kellie said...

It's a glamorous life, isn't it? Throw up is the WORST!

Back when my twins were babies we had throw up every month for like two weeks straight. It would just pass down the line. It was horrible!!! I tell ya!!

Hope tomorrow is better!!!

Cydnee Gee said...

Man!! Mother of said Child #3 wishes you would've told her that it had been such a rough night!! But Mother of said Child #3 is so very grateful for your help!! You're a saint!! Barf bug has been through home of said child as well, hit father of said child the hardest! Hope it skips mothers of all said children!!

Cydnee Gee said...

PS. If it were me, 9:31 would've read: "Crashed and slept til noon, forget the lights!" Of course, that's a luxury not afforded mothers, probably wouldn't have read that way.

Andi said...

Thanks for reminding me that I'm spoiled with one child. ;)

J & M Shumate Family said...

I am still laughing inside. Don't you just LOVE being a Mom. Yes, it's the best job ever...RIGHT??!!!

sandi said...

I LOVE THOSE NIGHTS!!!