Monday, January 19, 2009

The Line

Some of you know this line. I'm sure you all have something like it in your own home. Everyone at Grandma Darlene's is very good about obeying the House Rules, especially the rule about not crossing the line (I wish they would listen this well at home). We are grateful to have somewhere close to go where people like us. Maybe I'm just it's my wishful thinking on that last part, but I'll just claim ignorance.

Thank you again for letting us crash for the night. Thank you also for watching all of our combined children for a couple of hours. It's nice to go out to dinner and pretend we don't have kids once in a while.

5 comments:

The Numismatist said...

"The line" has proven very effective in the past year. The combination of a menacing voice and "Don't step over the line" brings fear to every child that comes in the house! Bwahahaha!

Believe it or not, the easiest hours were when the Moms and Dads were not here. The kids mind much better when there is no one here to protect them! (more wicked laughter)

We enjoy having you here. Come anytime! The plunger is always available.

The Numismatist said...

Can I get a copy of that photo for my books?

Eris said...

It was a blissful two hours - and we didn't even have to drive in a minivan! I don't know if I am more grateful for the babysitting or the cool car the Numismatist let us drive.

Muriel said...

We should have driven to whatever "lookout point" there is in the OC. We totally could have fit in. We could have taken turns in the back seat. ;)

sandi said...

you know you are always wanted here and welcome. Unfortunately it isn't that close.