Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Gamers Unite

A couple of weekends ago, Mr. Meemo and I spent our Friday Date Night at the college celebrating Chinese New Year (hey, it was cheap Chinese food!). We got there early, not only to stand in the massive line, but to to check out the last few minutes of the "Guitar Hero 2" contest being put on by one of the campus Fraternities. I thought we were geeks with this game, but can't even hold a candle to these guys that were competing for the grand prize.

In the spirit of things, I'm keeping a mental list of songs that would be wickedly awesome on the expansion disc that needs to be created. Check back often, as I will update my list of songs as revelation strikes (or while rocking in my mini-van, whichever comes first).
  1. Free For All - Ted Nugent
  2. "Title coming as soon as I can remember" - Nirvana


Oh, incidentally, I picked up a bumper sticker:

"My gamer fragged your honor student"



p.s. Eris, yours is in the mail.

7 comments:

Eris said...

Dude, "Heart Shaped Box" is on the game already. I can only play it with three buttons, but I know I've played it.

PS - Yeah for the bumper sticker!! It will look awesome on the van.

Muriel said...

Yeah I've played it too, duh, I meant to say another song by Nirvana. No really, I can't remember the title of the song I heard recently. Let me rack my brain. It will come to me in the middle of the night.

Eris said...

Personally, I will never be satisfied until I can play "Forever in Blue Jeans."

Anonymous said...

the newbie has worked up to the "hard" with all five keys! i will hopefully at least make it through the "medium".

remember, no stairway

Eris said...

While the title is a bit discomforting, I believe strongly that "Prison Sex" by Tool should be added to your list. The whole time I'm listening I'm thinking, "Man! I could rock this thing!"

Muriel said...

Consider it added, and thanks for your input (although I won't be adding "Forever in Blue Jeans".

Matthew English said...

I'm gonna have to say that anything that is called "Prison Sex" and comes from a band named "tool" at least warrants a second glance from anyone. Not to mention the fact that it is a good song. "Forever in Blue Jeans?" Must be an Ogden thing.