Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Budding Beckham?


M. (in the grey hoodie) has discovered the position of goalie. It's his favorite position to play and he's learning all the things he can and can not do (which is fun for us to watch). We told him that whenever the ball comes inside the box, he needs to dive on it and not let go (as evidenced in video #2). He loves to drop kick the ball and Dad was teaching him to kick it off to one side instead of straight down the middle of the field. Video #1 was one of his better kicks.

10 comments:

apyknowzitall said...

(Suppressing the severe urge to point out that Beckham is just a dried up hasbeen and that any Chelsea player is FAR superior...)

That's right. Tell him that he needs to just throw his bod down on that ball and curl up in the fetal position, close his eyes and pray that some crazy forward (ie someone like his cousin) doesn't try to continue to score.

sandi said...

How fun! I get to watch mitchy man play soccer and not even be there! Tell him I said great job!

Muriel said...

The only reason I chose Beckham was for the alliteration with the word Budding. I know nothing about professional soccer, and he is probably one of the only male pro players I've even ever heard of.

apyknowzitall said...

I know Muriel. I just like to give a lot o' crap:)

Muriel said...

Don't worry I like to dish it out too.

jenn w said...

Awesome Mitchell! he looks so cute just laying there holding on to the ball for dear life in vid#2. Totally budding beckham if you ask me. Hey, a little off the subject, but you did southbeach, right? Give me some of your favorite meal or snack ideas. I just joined online....

kellie said...

Sweet!

apyknowzitall said...

Muriel- I like the new decor. I had mine orangy for a while but it drove me nuts.

kellie said...

That is a really cool background. How did you do that?

jenn w said...

I love the spooky new backround! oh, and ive lost 2.5 lbs since monday on south beach! thanks for your help and tips!