Monday, January 14, 2008

A Shout Out

Eleven years ago, I married my best friend. Happy Anniversary, I love you!

How long have you been together?
Married 11 years today.

Where did you and your husband meet? ...
In a singles ward in Sandy, UT. He says he stole me away from a cop that I was dating at the time. Which is true, although I was bored of the cop anyway.

1st date..
On the 4th of July. We went to see "Independence Day" with his parents and sister, and then to Frontier Pies for lunch. He dropped me off at home for a few hours and then picked me up later for a BBQ at his oldest sister's house (he is the youngest of ten and they were all there, no pressure or anything).

1st kiss...
In his driveway standing next to my Jeep.

Who said "I love you" first?
He did, in my driveway next to his Mazda RX-7

How long did you date?
Started dating in July, engaged in October, married in January.

Where did you get engaged?...
On Conference Sunday (after the session and watching the Broncos game on TV), at the amphitheater at South Mountain in Draper.

Where were you married?
Salt Lake Temple. Everyone was late due to the 2 feet of snow we received that morning. The matron wanted to start without his Mom.

How did the reception go?....
I don't remember any major catastrophes. He got sick close to the end and his mom wanted him to go to the hospital. My brother-in-law at the time (who is a surgeon) said there was no way he would go to the emergency room on his wedding night.

Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Jackson Hole, WY. Stayed in a little cabin, ate awesome BBQ, snowmobiled to Yellowstone (when they still allowed it).



20 comments:

apyknowzitall said...

What an awesome pic. I can't believe the matron wanted to start without his mom. I love your wedding dress. Here's to driveway kisses!!! (Exact same circumstances between Joe and I but I had a Honda.)

Muriel said...

Thanks, it was velvet. I loved it.

The Numismatist said...

Happy Anniversary!

Matthew English said...

You took such a huge chance on me. I am grateful every day that you did.

Matthew English said...

By the way, I love the song list. It's like having my own techno-savy mixed tape. (Really loved the Wedding Singer track.)

I will see you in a few hours.

jenn w said...

Shut up! I LOVE it! and the music is great! I was just sitting her pouting cause only April has dutifully responded to the love bird tag. Love the holding hands pic.

jenn w said...

Ok, so its not responding to my love bird tag... exactly...but Happy Anniversary! :)

Muriel said...

I did respond to it, I just hadn't posted it yet. So I took all your love bird tag questions and added a couple of my own for this post. (And I didn't tag anyone.)

jenn w said...

I noticed that...I love hearing the little details about relationships. Btw, i remember hearing about that cop back then, but that you SO werent into him..funny

Eris said...

yay! Happy Anniversary! We'll see you on ours so I can poke at your baby!

Muriel said...

Does that mean you guys are coming?

kellie said...

Congrats on the Anniversary! I also responded to the love bird tag, I just didn't get it finished and it is in my drafts. Maybe I will go finish it right now when I really should be doing other stuff. But that is what all this wasting my time on the internet is about, right?

Okay, I think I was just talking to myself for a moment.

bye.

jenn w said...

Murl,
Yes i cant wait for that deal or no deal with her. I have it set to record on dvr!

apyknowzitall said...

Muriel, I just now realized after all time you had music playing on your blog. The volume was down. I'm such a dork!

Oh and I had this crazy apple dream last night all the Webbs were together for Christmas but you weren't there yet so we all went to this weird mall that probably doesn't exist in Idaho and you showed up with your kids but you were like 60. And everyone kept saying it was you and I was the only one that was trying to tell everyone that it wasn't really you so I grabbed the impostors scriptures and proved it because the embossed name was different.

(I'm seriously not on drugs.)

Muriel said...

I've only had the music player on here since Monday. So don't feel too bad.

I don't know what to even say about your dream. At least you're dreaming about me. :) However my scriptures aren't even embossed.

apyknowzitall said...

Okay so I don't feel too bad. But you need to have the Ewan McGregor version of "Your song." Gives me chills every time I hear it:):):)

Muriel said...

I so totally agree. I like his version so much better. I will see if they have that right now.

Muriel said...

There that's much better.

apyknowzitall said...

Gives me chills every time I hear it:):) And makes me want to barf every time I hear who was it, Rod Stewart? Yuck. Joe busted out one time and sung the Sound of Music bit and sounded just like EM. It was freaky.

Joe got a kick out of your playlist but said you were missing "I Honestly Love You" by ONJ.

apyknowzitall said...

Dude I just read I had already mentioned it gave me chills. I'm Rainman-ing.