Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My mom wanted to take all nine grandchildren to The Living Planet Aquarium on Monday as kind of a send of to my 8-year-old nephew who was moving to Texas a week earlier than the rest of his family. The favorite attraction was the touch pool where the kids got to touch the sting rays, although my kids would have nothing to do with that (they just splashed in the water).
It was quite a nostalgic for me actually, and I will tell you why. The building that the aquarium is located in used to be my place of employment as a craft store. I spent three good years at Mac's Hobbies and Crafts starting as a cashier and ending as an assistant manager and doing everything in between. It was a great job. I loved the people I worked with and I (usually) loved going to work everyday. The only reason I left was because my husband was transfered to St. George. I was so sad when I heard that the store closed. At least I discovered it's competition in St. George, Robert's Arts and Crafts, where I worked for many years before moving again. Now I live in Pocatello (which I cannot dub "The Armpit of Idaho" anymore after having recently been to Blackfoot), and we have no craft store comparable to Mac's or Roberts. The nearest Roberts is 45 minutes away in Idaho Falls.

No comments: